She woke up one day.... and threw away all her excuses...
she decided that it was time to become accountable for who she was... what she looked like and the size pants (size 20) she wore...
she realises that she was missing a great deal by being over weight...
she wants to live life like it has an expiry...
love life and have it love her back...
she has joined a gym... and the biggest loser program and has made herself a goal...
she has support and is not afraid to call for it...
....she is ready to BECOME ACCOUNTABLE FOR HER LIFE!
She is me... and this is my blog..
It will be my diary... it will be raw and i am sure at times ugly...
this will document my journey.... so in December 2010 when I aim to be 40 KG lighter...
this diary will remind me of how far I have come.. how strong I have become and what I had to lose.... a whole lot of weight!

So.... now... I truely am walking in destinys shoes.. like the title of my main blog states....

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Week 2 - day 11

Just another day.... and another Class.... though this time I took my team leader with me. When i started at the gym I was given 2 weeks in membership to give to a friend so I gave them to her.. she is a friend as well as a collegue. AAAAAAAaaaaanyway.... We had a blast... we have naed the boxing bags, according to those that pissed us off at work today. There was a short fat one... a tall one, and the uppercut wall wedge even has a name, since we both wanted to uppercut one of the doctors all day! ~L~
We got rid of the stress of the day, sweated our arses off and had a good laugh at ourselves... everything tht working out is all about. I think she felt a little worse off than me though!

________________________________

Week 2 - day 12 (wednesday)
(AM)
I was greeted by a very sore and sorry for herself Team Leader this morning... though happy with herself that she took the plunge into the world of Boxing. She has declared that she will come play at the gym with me only ONCE a week... and was so close to calling me a mean bitch who she hated... but... just laughed instead.
Trying to convince her to go with me tonight failed...

(PM)
Okay... so im a total F%#^tard...who can't read...

Here I was, waltzing into the the gym tonight, planning to just cruise along in a beginners class (they are getting easy now)... chatted with the hard arse instructor (im sure I mentioned him somewhere), to find out that he has left, though is only doing a class tonight, because someone called in sick. (This being the next class...)
I grin and say, cool!!! Im going t the beginners class... this should be fin.. (knowin that he will push me a little past my limits)... He laughed and told me to get my wraps on... i was 1/2 an hout early for the beginners class.... he was running the HARDCORE class and I was doing it too!!!!

Can you say CRAP!? I did... I grimiced.. I cringed.... I reached for my car keys (which he snapped up off the desk before I could get them.. - cheeky bugger)... I guess then, I was going the class.

I am sitting here, writing this and it is now 8pm. I just got off the phone with my team leader, telling her that i am so glad that she did not go tonight, as i know very well that she would have killed me.

100 push ups, 6 laps of the gym (running!!! I dont run!... but i did), 30 shock rounds on two of the bags-(each 30 seconds we had to do a different punching routine), lunches, dips, step ups (aout 60)... and I am almost dead. It hurts to type. I had to cu the conversation with my team leader short as it hurt to hod the phone...

I think I am going to call in Dead in the morning... screw the sick part!

________________________________
Week 2 - day 13

Well... I survived the night... the pain from my toes to my shoulders subsided around mindnight, allowing me a great night sleep... i actually bounced out of the bed this morning... I had only a little niggle of pain in the back of my knees... i guess this could be expected since i have not run in atleast 17 years (i know.. i know.. though i said i didnt run! I used to before i got podgy)...

Both Sherri (my team leader) and i had a stressy shitty day today so we decided to go to the mall and give the credit cards a work out instead... Didnt buy anything... tried lots on though... I HAVE LOST A GOOD DRESS SIZE AND A BIT! GO ME.

_______________________________
week 2 - day 14
two weeks today since I started on this journey... It seems so much longer.
Did not go to the gym tonight as it closes early.. I guess the trainers are allowed a party night too.. huh!?

Anyway...

2 weeks ago :

I huffed when i got to the thrd floor via the stairs at work... I can now run up them and not be totally breathless when i get there... and can walk down again without the feeling of the ground coming up to meet me.

I can see shape appearing in my arms and no longer have such noticable wing arms.

My feet are no longer as swollen at the end of the day

I sleep bette at night

My skin is clearer because of the higher intake of water I now consume (on average about 2.5 litres a day)

Shopping last night I realised that instead of having to try an 18-20 shirt on and grumble that stores make shirts too small.. (normally trying on an 18) I had to put the 18 back and go for a smaller size. (This was after trying a shirt on in best & less. - not that i like shopping there, though we were struggling to find anyting that was not trainer park skank or nanna of the bride)....

The scales are not broken... the numbers are decreasing every day... though I have decided that I shall record the figure on them, periodically instead of daily, which was starting to bother me on the days when the scales stuck at the same weight...

No comments:

Post a Comment